Are you looking for interesting ideas for your next charity auction? Look no further. Auctions are a great way to raise extra money for your nonprofit or service club! Charity auctions, by definition, are the process of buying and selling goods or services to the highest bidder. In this article, we list the top six best charity auction items for your next fundraiser.
What is an Online Auction?
An online auction powered through Givsum holds numerous features to allow for easy listings and biddings! Through Givsum’s Online Auctions feature, your organization has access to:
- Auction Analytics and Data
- Automated Tax Receipts
- Email and Text Communication
- Easy Admin Checkout
- Set Bid Increments
- Automated Thank You Notes
- Fundraising and Invoicing
Why Have an Online Auction?
Charity auctions are extremely useful in increasing engagement among donors. Having auctions online makes the entire process so much easier. They will excite your donors without the inconvenience of bid sheets or manual payments. By creating your charitable auction online, communication and promotion with donors and bidders is simplified. A Givsum auction is perfect for in-person, hybrid, or virtual events!
Best Charity Auction Items
#1 Health and Wellness Packages
- Spa Package:
- A local or luxury spa package is a great item for donors that really enjoy taking care of their health and wellness. Including a single or couples package in your next charity auction may increase engagement among your donors!
- Body Composition Analysis Package
- Body Composition Analysis is a great auction item for those who want to take the guesswork out of optimizing their health! DexaFit provides packages to track your Body Composition, Resting Metabolic Rate, Cardiorespiratory Fitness, and more!
#2 Entertainment Tickets
- Sports Game Tickets:
- Consider auctioning tickets to sporting events! For example, tickets to NBA or MLB games for teams in your organization’s areas may be a winner for your sports fan donors!
- Concert Tickets:
- Concerts held in big cities near your organization may be attractive to couples or families.
#3 Vacation Packages
- Luxury Hotel or Resort Stays:
- A travel package or luxury hotel reservations is great for the donors that needs to get away! Including a vacation package in your charity auction is attractive and easy to plan!
#4 Luxury Homeware
- Knife Collection:
- For all the donors who are chefs, a knife collection may be a great item to include in your next charity auction! Look through a list of the best knife sets to purchase according to Food Network.
- High-End Kitchen Appliances:
- Additionally, there are so many kitchen appliances that would be an amazing fit for your next charity auction. Auction off a blender, juicer, or a Nespresso machine … the list goes on and on!
#5 Golf at a Private Club
- A reservation to a private golf course may be a great addition to your charity auction for your donors that are avid golfers!
#6 Monthly Flower Arrangements
- Flower Arrangement Subscription:
- A monthly flower subscription is great for those donors who love to spruce up their living space! BloomsyBox sends flower arrangements straight to your donor’s doorstep, eliminating all the hassle!
Ultimately, auctions are a great addition to your next charitable fundraiser! There are countless items that you can include to create an attractive auction. Make auctions even easier by the Givsum platform! Your organization will raise more money and allow you to nurture better relationships with your donors and attendees by placing your auction online. With Givsum, your donors can bid from anywhere through their internet-connected devices. Next time your organization needs to create an auction, make sure to get ideas from this list and to use Givsum!